Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Fingers and Organic Macaroni and Cheese
1 box Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Nuggets, baked and sliced
8 oz elbow organic macaroni
4 tbsp organic butter
¼ cup organic flour
½ tsp salt
2 cups organic milk
6 oz organic Cheddar cheese grated
2 oz organic Gruyere, grated
Grating of nutmeg (optional)
1 tbsp. organic parsley, chopped
- Cook Hip Chick Farms Organic Chicken Fingers for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Add the macaroni to a large pot of boiling salted water, and cook according to package directions to al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well, reserving a ½ cup of macaroni cooking water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour and salt. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk, cook and stir until bubbly. Add the cheeses and stir gently until melted
- Add the drained macaroni. Stir to coat and cook 1 – 2 minutes more until heated through. If sauce is too thick, thin slightly with macaroni water, a tablespoon at a time.
- Heat broiler. Mix cooked chicken nuggets into cheese sauce and spoon into individual heat proof ramekins or a heat proof serving dish. Broil until cheese browns in spots, 2 – 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.